I’ve always heard about the “Jordan Year” but not so much about the “Jesus Year”. According to urbandictionary.com , the 33rd year of your life is when you are reborn in some sense.
“Based on varying estimates, most people generally accept that Jesus was appoximately 33 years old when he died.”retrieved from revelation.co.
Age 33, is a milestone in itself for me. My mother, the Late Delores “Dee Dee” Higgins also died at age 33. I was 7 years old, the age of my eldest daughter, Taraji. Let that sink. I have a younger sister, at the time she was 4 years old, my middle child Taylor is 4. Let just ice the cake! My youngest brother was 2, and I have a 1 year old son named Isaac Jr. I am right where I belong and I cannot wait to start my year of re-birth. So yes – Jesus ME, Please!
These three decades on earth I have realized:
- You are your own worst critic. Once you realize that the only person that stopping you is YOU, all roads lead to success.
- The world does not owe you anything. If you want something go for it! You owe yourself the world. Losing my parents at a young age, this one took a little longer to learn.
- No one is you, and that is your power. You might share the same interest as others but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll execute the plan the same way.
- God’s Plan – Stay focused on God’s plan. One’s true purpose remain unbeknownst when you are off course, pay attention to the signs around you and stay positive.
- You are the company you keep. Surround yourself around like-minded individuals.
- You cant live life for anyone but you. You’ll find that you will lose the most important asset, yourself.
- It is OK, to not be OK. We all have all moment of uncertainty, doubt, or defeat but this is what drives us to want more and do more.
- Your attitude and mindset is everything. You Put out positive thoughts, you get positive results.
- What is for you, is for you. It may not be your time, but it will come on time.
- Sis, you are LIT!
- STOP, hoping and wishing. I can’t tell you how many times I have to tell myself to stop saying “I wish” and say “I will”.
- It takes a village. I swear it does. Raising kids is NOT a walk in the park. Everyone who knows me, know I need an ear or three to vent.
- Vulnerability is not a weakness. Your just choosing not to hide your emotions no matter what others may think.
- Expect less, Prepare more. When you don’t expect as much from others you’ll leave less room for disappointments. You don’t like something change it.
- Pray, Pray, and Pray some more. Prayer is powerful.
- Consistency is key. Nothing will work unless you do.
- Everyone isn’t going to root for you. And that’s cool. Stop expecting everyone to be happy for you. Most times they are dealing with their own personal struggles.
- Communication is important. We all know this, yet there is still a lack there of.
- Mental Health is a thing. Check into your mind.
- No such thing as a Perfect Parent. We are all learning day by day, its a constant lesson.
- You are enough.
- You Never Know what Other Life entails. Social Media can just be the book cover and not the pages.
- You are you own “Goals”. Create the life You want.
- Good People still do exist. Just as everyone isn’t for you. Everyone isn’t against you either.
- It is impossible to control all of your thoughts. Especially when your restless, prepare your mind by getting an adequate amount of sleep. I can’t stress enough the role sleep deprivation can play on ones’ mind.
- It’s who you know and not what you know. Networking is an important tool in life, don’t be afraid to reach out to others. I can’t even explain the relationships I have made thus far just but simply reaching out.
- Invest in yourself. When your starting off with a fresh new idea it may not always be that easy. No one else is going to put forth money on an idea if you not serious about it.
- Its room at the table for all of us. Who said we have to compete to become successful? Like mentioned earlier it doesn’t matter how many others are doing what you want to do. No one will do it like you.
- Be teachable. All advice isn’t bad advice. Be open to constructive criticism.
- Where ever you are in life be there. These moments don’t last forever. How many times have we said we appreciate the moments when….exactly!
- Pace Yourself. Life is not a race, measuring your accomplishments to your friends is unhealthy.
- Trials require isolation. Stop taking peoples absence so personal. Personally for me, If we good we good. It doesn’t matter how long in between we speak ill fall right back in as if it were yesterday.
- Protect your peace!